Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Pesto Pasta

For years I have heard of Pesto but never tried it. When I finally did buy some I bought two kinds which I'm glad now that I did. One was original or no flavor which my husband and son weren't very found of. I think the other one was sun-dried tomato which was received much better.

I have only made it a couple of times however it's easy, great for picnics or camping and you can use a variety of pastas, pesto and/or fruit.





Pasta
Pesto
Onion (optional)
Cherry tomatoes (optional)
Peppers, cucumber, zucchini... you get the point

In this one I used normal pasta since I had run out and that was all the corner store had. I prefer to use whole wheat pasta. Boil is according to the package instructions. Between 7-11 minutes.

While it's boiling chop up what you want to add to it. I only used cherry tomatoes and onion in this one since that was all I had on hand.

Drain the pasta and combine it all. I used about half of the jar of pesto. Use as much or as little as you want.

Refrigerate until needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment